i have been tagged twice, first by tiina at livia concept and second by the lady at a townhouse lady. this is a 10 truly honest things about myself thing. so here you go.
1. i love to talk about religion, b/c i feel most people are horribly confused by it. i think the bible is a beautiful concept full of tremendous wisdom and insight into how to be a godlike person but the vast majority take it far too literally therefore making them idiots.
i believe in god but probably not in the same way you do. i do NOT believe in the devil. in fact, if you REALLY gave that whole devil concept some thought you would see just how utterly ridiculous it is. this coming from a girl who was raised catholic and harbored a grave sense of doom throughout much of her childhood b/c of The Exorcist. so i guess you could say i have been on both sides of the fence and i feel my side now is much saner.
2. i love to have girlfriends but my dearest are very far and i never see them. this makes me more sad than anything in the whole world. and the REALLY sad part is i KNOW that i miss them far more than they miss me.
3. i was in a lifetime movie of the week back in 2000 called The Price of a Broken Heart with laura innes and park overall. i played a sassy waitress called faye. i was cast with long hair but felt the character needed a perm so i gave myself one and all of my hair fell out so they had to cut it REALLY short. like edie falco nurse jackie short. the director ended up loving it and so it goes. sometimes it still plays on the lifetime movie network and my mom usually calls me to tell me this.
4. i was in the movie Roadtrip. my scenes were with sean william scott, who was really sweet and lovely and very funny. i played a cop that came to the frat house to inquire about all the noise. he and i had a really funny exchange at the door (we got to improvise with each other for hours) he thought i was a stripper/cop but i was a real cop. the part got cut from the film which was a bummer b/c it was a really funny scene. but i got a personal letter from todd philips (who went on to direct my fave movie this year, the hangover) explaining that they had to try and keep the film within a 2 hour time frame and had to cut several scenes from the film. it was a nice touch. i should have framed it.
5. i auditioned for a movie with robert redford, hellen mirren, and willem defoe (i can't remember the name of it) i inevitably did not get cast (i was blond and they needed brunette- stupid no? like i wouldn't dye my hair to play robert redford's daughter in law??) anyway...somehow i was able to score a "job" as willem defoe's line reader. basically he has it in his contract that the studio pays for someone to help him with his lines. i got that job. weird, i know. but cool. so for 3 days i got to saunter up to his suite at the four seasons and hang out with him in his room and read through the script with him. correcting his mistakes etc... it was harder than you might imagine. i mean on the one hand i wanted to embody the other character (which was almost always robert redford's part) so that i could give him some real emotion to work with but on the other hand i didn't want to seem like a tool either. i will say this about him, he is teeny tiny in person. he is very kind and a little odd. and he smelled horrendous. like the worst body odor ever. he was an avid yoga practitioner and as soon as you walked into his room it smelled like a bikram studio. like sweaty ass. cool gig though.
6. i am a type one diabetic and wear a "pod" on my tummy that gives me insulin. i have been diabeautiful for 10 years.
7. i am fiercely protective of my family. i won't hesitate to yank your ass backwards if you speak ill of them or threaten or hurt them in any capacity. i don't care how old you are.
8. i am extremely physically powerful and i am quite certain i could kill someone with my bare hands. (see #7)
9. i work out a lot. (see #8)
10. it doesn't take much for me to cry. this is a bonus as an actress.
ok...so i am tagging these peeps...do it if you want or don't do it.
faryl @ cityladycountrygirl
jamie @ isuwannee
alison @ mylittlehappyplace
mel @ reverie