i know there are specific gift guides for people out there. like the gift guide for your friend who has everything (fuck her she obviously doesn't need anything). or for your mom the great cook. those are neat. but man that's a lot of time to throw at a gift guide. also brain energy. i tried to incorporate a few items for several types of ladies rather than an entire guide for one type. also 100% of this stuff is what i want and i am nothing if not a renaissance woman. so you can totes trust me.
1. rebecca taylor tweed ribbed pullover - the color and puff sleeve on this sweater are perfect. you have to look at how cute it looks on.
2. vogue living country city coast - guys i sat with this book at barnes and noble and was sad not to take it home with me. it's the perfect gift for anyone who loves interior design that doesn't involve hgtv.
3. kimono by farrow - THIS for your fashion-y friend.
5. maison margiela beach walk candle - sorry but in january this is what i want to smell. i'm done with smoke, pine and cinnamon.
6. minnetonka sheepskin mule slipper - i desperately need these. when i am here in the winter painting it's COOOLD on these old floors. many times i am wearing 3 pair of socks. which isn't cute or convenient if i have to put shoes on to go outside. i can only guess that one of your loved ones is struggling with cold floors too and sock layering.
7. prince of wales beret - i'm the only one i know who would wear this so you can just get it for me.
8. deciem retin-oil - it's retinol for your body. so duh. yeah, we all need this.
Highly concentrated dry body oil combines a next-generation retinoid complex (1%) that fights multiple signs of age, along with vitamins C and E, skin-enhancing Amazonian oils and deep-sea red algae to improve the looks of scars, stretch marks, cellulite, dehydration, surface irregularities and discolouration.
9. vintage touch game of palmistry - i am from the 70's and i had never hear of this game. it sounds fun and weird and silly so get it for your fun, weird, silly friend.
10. the holiday beauty net-a-porter kit - this this this this this this. best gift ever.
11. 1920's brown plaid blanket - i happen to think this would bring so much to an otherwise feminine bedroom.
12. lapels faux fur coat - for the girl who wants to be margot tennenbaum every year for halloween. comes in a glorious red too.
13. handmade watercolor sets - for your most creative friend. these are highly pigmented and gorgeous. a lovely gift.
14. patagonia fleece pullover - comes in many colors but love this rosewater option. it's also 30% off right now
15. 3 piece mini bud vase set - one should never have a shortage of pretty bud vases. i always break at least 3 flower heads in a bunch and put one in a glass on my sink and scatter the rest in unexpected spots throughout my house. love this color combo.
16. haute bohemians by miguel flores vianna - the book everyone is talking about. can't wait to get my hands on it. also see #2 for who to buy this for.
17. dress scandinavian by pernille teisbaek - PT has THE best style. all her best looks in one book to inspire your outfits. but wait! there's more:
Spanning almost 200 pages, this stylish hardcover is filled with beautiful photographs, moodboards and advice on how to mix textures, colors and fabrics to create a cool, minimalist wardrobe any Danish girl would envy. There's also chapters dedicated to achieving natural-looking makeup and turning your home into a warm and inviting retreat.
18. instant pot - been thinking about getting one of these? this is the one you want. perfect gift for anyone who lives that crock pot life.
19. eberjey slouchy cardigan - this is basically what i want to put on when i wake up and after my shower in the evening. so cozy. know who else would love it? your mom. your mil. your auntie and cousin too.
20. smitten kitchen every day - everyone is talking about deb perelman's second book. perfect gift for anyone who cooks dinner every day. hi!
21. remodelista the organized home - i have every book the folks at remodelista have put out and they are all AWESOME. any book that makes cleaning and organizing look and sound fun is ok with me. also generally a great gift for anyone who likes organizing or for someone moving into their first home.
22. reebok hayasu dance cardio shoes - ok harder to gift to someone who doesn't do dance cardio buuuut.....if you know someone who wants to try out the tracy anderson method these shoes would make a great start for her. and....
23. tracy anderson online streaming - if you're feeling super generous you could get her 6 months of tracy's streaming workout. or you could sign her up for one month here. i personally do this method and think it's the number one best workout on planet earth. it consistently challenges my brain and body and the results are evident.
come back here on monday for my small luxuries under $50 gift guide.