i'm told it's green monday. which is supposedly the last day to shop online for guaranteed before christmas arrival. well, i'm not entirely sure if that's true. amazon prime is still pretty reliable. but i guess better safe than sorry. because if you're like me you haven't bought one single christmas present. i need to get my shit together.
so as my last gift guide of the season (besides a rather ridiculous one coming soon that should matter to no one because i don't run in a circle of wealthy folks waiting to buy me $800 air purifiers or giant busts covered in seashells, the shipping alone is a mortgage payment) here is the small luxuries gift guide. all under $50 and all perfect for stuffing a stocking.
in fact if all of these things were in my stocking i'd be pretty pumped.
1. gold embroidered silk eye mask - soft silk over your eyes to block out the light during all those holiday naps. if you're really down pick up the pillowcase too because no one likes wrinkles or split ends.
2. blushing lightbulb - "to flatter every guest".
3. tom ford neroli portofino bath soap - i'm a fan of this scent. i spray the perfume every time i go to sephora. why i haven't bothered to buy it is beyond me. i think it's what italy in the spring must smell like. i'd be psyched if someone dropped a bar of luxury soap in my stocking.
4. the proust questionnaire - for parties. i've been informed recently that "no one likes board games at parties." and i have yet to understand the appeal of cards against humanity.
5. the mio body brush - why give a basic dry skin brush when you can give one with massaging nodules?
6. mystique sticker patch - give them all!
7. moon juice beauty dust - give "glowing supple skin, lustrous shiny hair and twinkling bright eyes".
8. caudalie beauty elixir - my favorite gift to give.
9. flowers crew socks - i'd wear these with a velvet platform.
10. mr. gray bee keeper sock - these are for him but you should pick up a pair for yourself. gucci vibes all day.
11. gardener's notebook - this is so great. if you have a gardener in your life they would be thrilled to receive this i'm telling you. it contains 40 pages, with spreads for lists, fertilizing and pruning schedules, and harvest and preservation tables, along with winter planning.
12. rodin bath bar - more luxury soap. this time with neroli and jasmine.
13. le labo discovery set - let them choose their favorite. i'll bet there's one in here they can't live with out.
14. nails inc. nail grow - i speak from experience when i say this stuff works. it saved my nails after the abuse of gel manicures and acrylic nails. get one for yourself while you're at it.
15. astier de villatte pepper dishwashing liquid - i know giving dish soap seems odd. but so few people would ever buy themselves a luxury dish soap but to me it's the perfect gift for someone who likes pretty things. or for that person who decants everything because they hate the packaging.
and check out the gift guide for her and the gift guide for him if you haven't already.